Monday, April 26, 2010

Twelve Days...Graduation or Bust.

It's officially one day closer. One day closer until I put on that black gown. I wonder who called that thing a gown? It looks more like a freaking drape to me. and that dreading cap..don't even get me started on that cap. I can only imagine what my Afro style curls will look like under that thing. I can hardly wait..a black drape and curls coming out of a black cap. These pictures are going to haunt me for a LIFETIME.

Shouldn't I be excited about graduation. I mean don't get me wrong I am more than ready to be done with school work, but life after graduation scares me. I have procrastinated the application process because it SCARES me. What if I put out 2077363468 resumes and I don't get a single phone call back. Does that mean I have wasted the last 5 years of my life? Does that mean I've wasted $20,000 in student loans? Makes me want to vomit.

When I was young it was never an option to not go to college. It was just simply life after High School. I wish I never what to do life after college. Why can't my Nona (the name I have given my mother) just find me a job and send me on my way? That would make life SO much easier. I keep telling myself after I get through all this school work that has to be done I will have time to get aggresive about job searching, but then it will be too LATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment