Saturday, April 24, 2010

10 Days and Counting!

This has possibly been the longest semester of my life. I've never been more ready to be DONE with something in my life!

For the last two weeks I have been working on my professional portfolio, which is full of educational stuff that BETTER get me a job. My portfolio sure could be better but let's keep our fingers crossed. I am still trying to grasp the concept that I am actually graduating from college and I have NOTHING planned for the future. When I decided to be a teacher five years ago I wish someone would have told me it's practically impossible to get a job. What do I have do to sell a kidney to teach kids? I mean really? It's a little ridiculous, don't you think? Before my internship this year, I thought good teaching was just loving kids. Boy was I wrong! I think teaching is the hardest profession I could have ever picked. I leave work thinking about my students and the next lesson I am planning to teach them. I think about them more than I think about myself!

It makes me sick to my stomach to think that this could be my last week to teach kids for a very long time. There is an excessive amount of qualified teacher who would make great teachers...How will I match up to them? If I don't get a job before next school year, I don't know what I will do with myself. Who will I worry about? What will I do? I guess get a dog? Can I just go back five years ago when I had no worries?

No comments:

Post a Comment